Included on this page are highlights from our policies and procedures. The Pleasant Hill Academy Student Handbook includes more detail on each of these items.
Pleasant Hill Academy Allstars are expected to follow and demonstrate the "3 Bs":
- Be Responsible
- Be Respectful
- Be Presentable
Students are expected to:
- Be at school every day. Students can't learn if they are not at school.
- Be on time. School starts at 7:45 a.m.
- Complete all homework, which is assigned nightly Monday-Thursday. Completing homework reinforces skills presented during the day. Set aside some quiet time at home nightly for homework or reading.
- Wear the school uniform everyday.
As a reminder, our hours are:
- School Hours: 7:45 a.m. - 2:15 p.m.
- Office Hours: 7:15 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
It is important that students come to school everyday on time. This includes preschool students. Instructional time is lost when a student is late to school. Habitual tardiness will affect academic performance. A note must accompany the student stating the reason for the tardiness. School starts at 7:45 a.m.; however, we have extended the breakfast program until 7:55 a.m. Your child will be considered tardy at 8:01 a.m. Please call the school if you know your child will be late.
To report an absent child, call the school office or email us using this Absence Reporting Form.
In the event that your child will be absent from school, the following procedures should be followed:
- Phone the school office before 8:30 a.m. at (513) 363-4300 and leave a message.
- Send a note to school upon your child’s return, explaining the reason for the absence. Students will give the note to the homeroom teacher to turn into the office to update your child’s attendance record.
- If a phone call is not made or a note is not sent, the absences will be considered unexcused. When your child reaches four unexcused absences, you and your child will be referred to the school Social Worker for follow up. Additionally, a note sent with the student does not guarantee an “excused absence.”
Student behavior that distracts bus drivers is a hazard to the vehicle's safe operation, and jeopardizes the safety and welfare of all passengers. Misbehavior while on a yellow school bus or a Metro bus can result in disciplinary action for the student or the suspension of transportation service for the student. Read more about our requirements for student behavior on buses.
Cell Phone Policy
Students are permitted to bring cell phones to school according to the district policy. The school is not liable for lost or stolen phones. All Pleasant Hill students that bring a cell phone to school must have them turned completely off from 7:30 a.m - 2:15 p.m. All students that are seen with their cell phone out and/or using their cell phone will have it confiscated. The cell phone will not be returned to the student, only to the parent/guardian.
Review CPS' Code of Conduct for disciplinary procedures.
All students must wear:
- Plain, white or blue collared shirts
- Navy or khaki pants, skirts, capris, jumpers or knee-length shorts
- Solid blue or white hoodies, sweatshirts or sweaters
The following applies to all students:
- Undershirts must be white.
- Shirts must be tucked in.
- Belts must be worn and pants must be at the waist.
Students are not permitted to wear:
- Jeans of any color
- Hats, head gear, scarves or bandanas
- Embroidered/tie-dyed/midriff or halter tops
- Short skirts or shorts (must be no shorter than 2 inches above knee)
- Muscle shirts or long shirts that are not tucked in
- Slits in clothes or skin tight clothes
- Drooping pants
- Shoes with heels over 1 inch, wheelies (shoes with wheels), flip-flops or open-toed shoes
- Outside jackets or vests in class (jackets with zippers)
Snow Days and School Delays
Snow days and school delays are announced on our website, local TV and radio stations, CPS' mobile app, and through automated phone calls. Assume school is open unless you hear otherwise. Learn more about CPS' severe weather and emergency closing procedures.
The Pleasant Hill Academy student handbook link will outline all of our policies and procedures.
Visiting During School Hours
We welcome visits from parents and guardians. However, to protect student safety, all visitors must sign in at the main office and wear a visitor's badge. Parents/guardians who would like a conference with their child's teacher must schedule an appointment with the teacher.